Physical shipping vs email shipping

Julie3d
Contributor
Contributor

I have a small store on shophandmade.com that I do as a hobby. I have put in shipping by USPS. Can I ship by email without getting charge backs? If I put in the listing that by accepting free email delivery they are unable to to request refunds

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Julie3d 

No, can't REALLY 100% avoid chargebacks, reversals, or disputes if the customer wants to file one within 180 days (PayPal) or perhaps longer (through financial institutions and credit cards) if you refuse to resolve an issue with them. Putting "No refunds" on your terms won't prevent it all. Some know how the game is played. You'll have to accept some risk when doing business online.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/what-is-a-chargeback

Also read the seller protection program. One read of that you'll know if it fits your business model or not and willing to risk the occasional unsuccessful transaction to have access to a great deal of buyers that use PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Julie3d
Contributor
Contributor

I guess what I want to know also is, even though the listing has a charge for physical shipping, can I also offer digital shipping for free

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.