Permanent account limitation - nice help for a business during coronavirus!

pmmarw
Contributor
Contributor

So, we have opened a Paypal account because of coronavirus - to have at least some services offered as part of our private medical clinic which now mostly has to stay quiet. There were the usual Paypal checks, lifting limits and we even got a virtual terminal accepted.

Last week I got an e-mail (on 8th April) that we need to supply confirmation that our doctors are medically registered, since we offer prescriptions. The deadline was for 13th April and I sent certificates on the same day (or day after) as well as sent a message to Paypal with additional information in respect to our business to prove it is genuine, which was confirmed it will be passed to relevant team.

On 13th we got an e-mail that the account has been permanently limited - meaning we cannot accept any transactions on Paypal and there was absolutely NO further information on what to do next to have it solved or why it has happened in the first place. I have of course called, e-mailed and spoke with various Paypal people, none of whom knew why the issue exists and they only "escalated" the issue to "back office team" which for whatever reason cannot be contacted directly (which do not contact you directly as well).

The "provide more information" e-mail mentioned breaches of "acceptable use policy" in respect to prescription service which is supposodely (the e-mail said so) not accepteable by Paypal. Yes, our doctors (just like all other doctors) issue patients with prescriptions but we do NOT sell medicines and the "accepteable use policy" mentions "Providing file sharing services or access to newsgroups; or selling alcoholic beverages, non-cigarette tobacco products, e-cigarettes or prescription drugs/devices." - this means SELLING PRESCRIPTION DRUGS, not offering a prescription to a patient!!!

I presume that my documentation has not even been checked, since the limit went exactly on the day of the deadline - which suggests it was automatic. I do understand that Paypal is short of staff but why on earth are you basically destroying a business when you without any notifiation take away a possibility to accept payments (only income for now) for a business? Just re-suspend the account for the time the full review takes place - but no, no "usual" Paypal staff can do that, only the "back office team" which cannot be reached and which does not contact me in any way.

This is supposed to be helping businesses within these hard coronavirus times? It's been three days now and no change - I am just being told to wait. And yes, I have already applied to alternative provider to use their services of accepting payments but the process takes time (they also have business vetting).

With Paypal it's just the usual approach of "the computer says NO" and it seems like you can't speak with anybody there who could provide you with details of what is wrong and how to rectify it. Just a sudden NO. How on earth is this allowed in such a huge company with so many years of experience!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.