Paypal sellers protection

terranobabe1
New Community Member

I sold an item on Ebay and sent it signed for on receipt. The buyer claims not to have recived the item...what protection does PP provide me as a seller 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@terranobabe1

If tracking does not show the item as delivered then refund the buyer and claim from any insurance you took out with the postal service if any.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@terranobabe1

If tracking does not show the item as delivered then refund the buyer and claim from any insurance you took out with the postal service if any.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Trixymd
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is BS. I have sent several documents stating where my package is and they do nothing but refund buyer and laugh at me. Don't use paypal for any business and don't give them your bank account they think they own you and your bank account and do NOTHING for the seller they only look out for buyers who get the merchandise and the refund.  THEY ARE CROOKS! There is NO seller protection. Done with Paypal!! I will be broadcasting this all over the internet until they finally do the right thing which will be never. Been with them for 15 years and this is how I get treated.

Login to Me Too

collectorjoes
New Community Member

Same thing just happened to me. I provided the tracking number which proved I had shipped the item, and eBay had already confirmed the tracking number and decided the case in my favor. Then, four months later the buyer opens a case with paypal and they refund the buyer $4,000. They said I needed a picture of the shipping label after it had been stamped by the post office, which is total BS as the post office doesn't stamp packages anymore. If paypal isn't going to accept tracking numbers with signature confirmation as proof of shipping, and all a buyer has to do is say they didn't receive their package, they are just enabling crooks to steal at will. I have also been using paypal for years and have processed hundreds of thousands of dollars through them, and have never won a case against a buyer. Tired of buyers saying that items didn't match the description, I recently posted an trading card for sale and under description I put, "as is, no refunds, please see pictures", and added several HD close up pictures of the card. The buyer requested a refund saying that the "item didn't match description", and paypal immediately decided the case in their favor. It really is a joke. I don't think they even review any of the evidence. Let me know if you find a viable alternative for selling items on ebay.

Login to Me Too

Hvytoys
Contributor
Contributor

there is no such thing as seller protection.  it is a lie.  they want the customers, and unfortunately the thieves to be happy, and there are too many thieves these days... 

Login to Me Too

Superfurry
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing said no return item perfect they made mistake to refund buyer I buy and sell a lot can’t wait to leave PayPal and eBay
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.