Paypal scam

eliM1
Contributor
Contributor

Its so sad that paypal lets the buyer scam the system. I had someone purchase a giftcard on ebay. after the payment was cleared he asked for a picture of the numbers, which i sent over. He then filed an unauthorized payment and paypal refunded him after he used the money on the card. Paypal held my money for 3 days and just decided to send back the money when clearly it was a scam 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @eliM1,

I'm very sorry to hear that you received a payment from an unauthorized source. In order to be covered by PayPal's Seller Protection in the event of an unauthorized payment, tracking information showing delivery is necessary. 

If asked to deliver somewhere other than the address in the transaction details, that would be an indication that the payment has additional risk associated with it, and you would want to proceed with extra caution and follow the guidelines to the letter so that PayPal would be able to protect you. In a situation where the item was delivered virtually, the guidelines would not have been met.

I'm sorry that you've had this experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.