Paypal fraud protection and support is awful, how can I protect myself?

Aci_buisness
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a Youtuber and streamer, so I get a lot of donations via Youtube, Twitch and Paypal directly.
Another streamer friend of mine just was refund-scammed, meaning someone donated hundreds of dollars to him and then refunded all of it at once.
And apparently because paypal deducts a fee for refunds, my friend was -400$ in his bank.
He provided screenshots of his "no refunds" policy, of the person telling him MULTIPLE times that he's WILLINGLY donating to him. Paypal support still claimed that the payments were "unauthorized", even though I'm not sure how you can send money to someone over months on accident.
Since paypal support and fraud protection are obviously completely useless, what can I do to not have this happen to me and what can my friend do to not have it happen again? Currently other people are donating 5$ to him, refunding it and because of the fee he ends up losing 15$ each time.

Can you prevent people from donating to you directly somehow?

Thanks,

Aci

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.