Paypal dispute lost in buyers favour although I have valid proof of delivery - what to do?

James2791
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal community!

Would like to garner some advice if possible on what to do with a dispute that I have lost regarding some TCG cards I sold ($330 worth in PayPal account and insured) that was apparently not received by my buyer.

The rough breakdown of the situation is as follows:
30/10/2018: Sold cards to buyer, $330 received in PayPal acc. Sent parcel WITH tracking number as requested. 
2/11/2018: Item delivered as per AusPost tracking system.
9/11/2018: Buyer states that parcel has not arrived, lodges the initial PayPal dispute for a refund.
9/11/2018 - Now: In-between representatives & liaison with contact to AusPost, they got in touch with the DC & driver of the delivery and have given me valid proof (statement) that the delivery was made to the address given to me. Provided this to the PayPal dispute along with the tracking number, but yesterday was notified that the dispute "was not granted because we did not receive valid proof that the item was delivered to the buyer.Funds in my account remain in the negative balance. 

It should also be noted that the address that I sent the parcel to my buyer was different to their PayPal address (sold via FB Gorup) - but I do have evidence that this was my instructions from said buyer. No signature on delivery was requested by the buyer, however they did require tracking which I provided.

Seems very unfair at this point that I've potentially lost my merchandise and the money for them at the same time, when facts point to me not being at fault. Wondering if anyone can share light on what I should do from here on?

Cheers,

James

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

stevo92544
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue. I sold a license for a software program. Buyer files a claim did not receive item.

In the end the buyer kept my software and is using it. Got a full refund. And it does not matter what proof you submit to  paypal they will always give the buyer the money back. I followed all of their guidelines and show 2 forms of proof and still the appeal was denied. Paypal has no support for the seller and will always decide on the buyers side. What other proof can a seller provide to show the buyer is scamming the seller and paypal supports this theft. When they say they have seller protection that is a lie. 

I sent item via email and also a disc  via usps and with tracking  9500116195919206357661 via usps. paypal states same bs (was not granted because we did not receive valid proof that the item was delivered to the buyer) I showed that the email was sent to buyer with an attachment and a reply from the buyer he did not know how to use it. I also sent a cd  with the file on it and had a tracking number that showed proof of delivery.

Login to Me Too

stevo92544
Contributor
Contributor

Here is my Journey with  paypal.

Case details  Back Case closed Case ID: PP-D-35998406

The case was closed in favor of the buyer, based on the info they provided. The disputed amount has been withdrawn from your PayPal balance. Dispute Reason Merchandise or service not received

Case Status Closed Case Resolution Decided in buyer's favor Buyer information B Transaction amount $40.00 USD Refund requested $40.00 USD Transaction ID 7GU239759B649983Y Shipping address xxxx <removed> Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33313 United States

Your responses Date reported July 18, 2019 Buyer notes I have not received the item. Item(s) not received Harrison Mixbus audio mixer software license unused ver 5.2 (1)

Date added July 29, 2019 Note Per your terms of service reguarding virtual items . I have attached the tracking number showing i have sent the buyer a cd of the software item in question. I have also attached the original email showing the buyers email address and the license file attached. I have also attached a short email from the buyer stating he did not know how to use the item he had purchased and that is proof he did in fact receive the file he purchased not only via email but i also sent him a disc via usps with tracking. tracking number 9500116195919206357661 usps Buyer's email hidden per paypal censorship  . I also helped him via phone to install the software. Of course i have no proof of that.

Your paypal rules : Examples of the documentation that you can provide as compelling evidence include, but are not limited to: • Purchaser’s e-mail address to which the goods were delivered • Date and time goods were downloaded/received • Description of the goods downloaded/received • Proof that your website was accessed for services after the Transaction Date • Purchaser's IP address • Screenshot showing receipt by the purchaser • Any other compelling evidence you may have showing the item or service was received and is as described

File date sent.jpg RECEIPT.jpeg reply-not-know-how-to-use.jpg Date added July 23, 2019 Tracking info software delivered via email download, emailed with proof (

Date added July 23, 2019 Note 123779450130 : item purchased was software that was delivered via email to buyer. Buyer assumed it was a cd and no where in my listing does it state it is a cd. I would be happy to send him a cd.

Buyer files ebay claim then cancels it for unknown reason then opens this claim. ebay claim? see listing as it does not state a cd will be delivered: see email from buyer stating he received the file and did not know how to use it. I wrote to him many times and even ended up helping him install software license via phone. See email stating he thought he was buying something else and would rather buy from a store. I sold and delivered exactly what i had advertised. This item once used is not returnable . Usage is logged by software company File pp-dispute.pdf ebay-closed dispute.pdf interaction-1.pdf sent license.pdf reply to pp.pdf Date added July 23, 2019 Note How can i send you all the emails between the buyer and myself which will show the claim is false. Buyer purchased a registered unused license for software called harrison mixbus. It is a software license. Buyer opened ebay claim and then closed claim same day (?) then opened this paypal claim.Buyer states he did not get a cd. I was not selling a cd .Buyer did not know how to use it (shown below). I help him via phone to register the software. I have many emails between us via ebay and directly. they will not fit here. In one here says he expected a cd with the software and the license and would rather by it from a store. . Here is the ebay case he opened then closed the same day: returnId=5121366236 here is an email showing he did recieve the file and stating he wanted or expected a cd of sofware i was not selling. 7-12..From: Jassiah <removed> Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 1:52 PM To: xxxx Subject: Re: Attached is your mixbus license file Copy the Your conversation with the buyer Read more file attached to your root folder what does that mean On Jul 12, 2019, at 2:16 PM, wrote: Copy the file attached to your root folder On Jul 17, 2019, at 11:01 PM, wrote: the license is a text file that registers the program . It is not a physical item or part per say. 7-17 .....From: Lion Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:08 AM To: xxxx Subject: Re: Attached is your mixbus license file When do I get the physical copy in the mail. For some reason it’s not working for me 7-18....passiah <removed> Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:47 AM To: xxxx Subject: Re: Attached is your mixbus license file I purchased under the impression I was getting the actual disc with software. I don’t want this. I’ll rather buy it directly from a store I delivered exactly what i listed Date added July 18, 2019 Tracking info No Shipment Tracking, 

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

not a good idea to hijack other people's thread,makes it confusing who are we replying to?

For the OP,when Paypal sent you a payment notice YOU GET CASH,it contains 2 pieces of information you must follow-

-if the item is whole or part eligible for seller protection

-you must ship the item to the address given in the email

But yo said you were asked to ship to a different address.

so your tracking is invalid,as it is not delivered to his address in the paypal notice(which should be his shipping addr he has in his Paypal account).

Scammers know how  to scam, some times they will use an account used to buy digital goods which has no shipping address,and in the comment column,give you an address to ship ,one seller lost a $24k WATCH !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.