Paypal closed a dispute and found in favor of a fraudulent buyer. Where to go??

TyBuck1
New Community Member

I sold 2ea I-Phones to a buyer who gave me the labels on where to ship the items through eBay.  Once the phones were received(and signed for by the buyer), he then went and filed a dispute with Paypal and eBay that the items were not received.  I have proof of all this, the tracking #'s, the email communications, the pictures of the phones in the shipping boxes.   eBay immediately found in my favor because they took a minute and looked at the facts.  Paypal did not and they refunded the money to the fraudulent buyer.  I am now out $3800 in my Paypal account and have every bit of evidence showing that I was in the right.  I just filed paperwork with our states attorney general and a police report in my community.  This is so blatant and the fact that Paypal didn't even bother to take the time to read all the attachments, comments and replies is disturbing at best.  I have been a loyal and honest Paypal user for years and this is the treatment I get?  Calling them was no help as I spent nearly half a day on the phone only to be told that I had shipped them to an address that wasn't in Paypal for the buyer....well of course I did....he sent me the labels of where he wanted them shipped.  Furthermore, the address the guy listed in Paypal was listed exactly as "<removed>"    Even if I had seen this address, why in the world would anyone ship anything to an address listed as "AVE".  This is so ridiculous that I would be laughing if wasn't showing such a huge negative balance.   IMO, Paypal made a decision that it was easier and cheaper for them to allow the fraud then to fight it or at least do some investigating to see what happened.   I used and paid the fees on Paypal and eBay for the SOLE purpose of the protections they claimed they offer.  Not only did they utterly fail in offering any protections, but they didn't even take the time to understand what they were doing.    I have a feeling that the only way I will get restitution is to wait until they take me to court for the negative balance.  It is a simple case to prove and they had it in their power to simply hold off the refund and read the evidence that I provided.  It is cut and dry.  I didn't make any errors or cut any corners.  I have everything in a folder here.  Our local police department completely agrees as well.    Any suggestions on where I can send this data to Paypal so someone not reading a preprogrammed script can see it, use their brain and see exactly what is happening here?  The guy has even emailed me since bragging about the fact that he got away with it...probably sent the message on the free phones he received.  I am at a complete loss as to why Paypal would side with the scammers and not at least take the time up front to make sure they are making the right decision....or maybe they just don't give a crap.  Beginning to think that might be the answer.  I guess when you are worth billions, what is a measly $3800.   Jeesh!   The case in dispute is PP-D-99770044

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.