Paypal charging twice refund for same transaction : what would you do?

NicoSuomi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have just experienced quite awkward situation of not being able to refund properly a buyer who claimed not to have received his item ordered from ebay.

After a while, paypal withdraw the amount of the transaction from my account as a separate withdraw but with the note that it was for refund purposes but the buyer claimed not to have received the money still.

After a while, the buyer escalated the original transaction and paypal retrieved the same amount of money from my account again with the note that an additional dispute fee will apply even though i had spend some much time with ebay & paypal to solve the original problem.

So, i got charged twice the amount of order by paypal, which i never thought it could happen.

Is a frequent issue encountered by paypal users? What would you do in this kind of situation?

I have filed a complaint with all the details but it does not seem to go anywhere so far.

Thank you in advance for your views & advice

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @NicoSuomi,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent buyer dispute. If the case is decided in the buyer's favor, there should only be one refund processed back to the sender. I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support to review the dispute in detail to make sure there was not more than one refund processed. You can reach our Customer Support teams by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @NicoSuomi,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent buyer dispute. If the case is decided in the buyer's favor, there should only be one refund processed back to the sender. I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support to review the dispute in detail to make sure there was not more than one refund processed. You can reach our Customer Support teams by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

NicoSuomi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for answering.

I had already contacted several time unsuccessfully the customer support but i finally managed to get a voice call back to explain my case and even though it should not have been so difficult, everything has now been eventually sorted out.

It seems that "web form" based communication, even with all evidences as attachments was not convincing enough but now everything has been properly compensated and the case is closed.

Best wishes,

Nicolas

Best wishes,

Nicolas

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@NicoSuomi,

Thanks for the update! My apologies again, you're absolutely right, that shouldn't have been that difficult. I am glad to hear it's resolved now.

Have a great one!

- Jon K

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.