Paypal balance was put into the negative by a claim, hasn't been remedied yet

gunnerk19
Contributor
Contributor

I had a buyer open an ebay case against me on August 6th. At that time I had a positive balance of $64.24.

The claim was for "Item Not Received", and put my PP that much in the negative. I found this out when I needed to print a $3.63 shipping label and PP took the $3.63 PLUS the $64.24 from my credit card, total of $67.87.

I spoke to ebay and provided tracking showing the item was delivered and the case was closed in my favor. The ebay rep told me my money would be put back into my PP account in 24-48 hours. It hasn't yet. 

I'm assuming it took the $67.87 in order to make up for the negative and to have the shipping label covered, but I've seen nothing to indicate the remainder was going to be given back to me.

Any words of advise? I specifically chose my credit card as a payment method to purchase the shipping label cost, I was NOT expecting PP to take the entire amount out when my PP transaction record only shows the charge of $3.63 but my credit card says otherwise.

See transaction details below: EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information.

pp trans.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi gunnerk19, 

When a case is opened against you, we will place a temporary hold on the funds until the case is resolved. If you do not have the funds available on your balance when we place the hold your balance will be taken negative. If you make a payment, as I am sure you are aware your negative balance will be taken along with your new payment.  If the case is found in your favour and you have paid off your negative balance your PayPal balance will then show a credit for this amount. If the case is not found in your favour then your balance will remain the same as we have already taken the funds to cover the case. 

I hope this clears things up for you, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.