Paypal automatically made me refund?

LKan
Contributor
Contributor
I have had a buyer open a claim against me in which i responded proving my point as to why i shouldnt be refunding the buyer, however a week later after sending my point to paypal they automatically have said that i have agreed to give the buyer a refund with no reasoning? I clearly did not want to refund the buyer who was being extremely annoying with my depop page even saying no refunds. My point clearly was the more clear with evidence as to why i shouldnt have to offer a refund opposed to his short paragraph with no proof to back up his point. Can anyone answer why paypal have automatically said i agreed to offer a refund when i did not and what should i do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LKan 

If buyer filed Significantly Not As Described, sellers are not generally protected and have to accept a return and refund. Depending on the circumstances of your case, perhaps PayPal ruled in favor of the buyer and refunded the buyer without a return for some reason. Or, if you failed to respond to dispute after your initial response, that can count against you too. Or if the case was not escalated and it closed on its own after 20 days of no further activity.

Call customer service for further assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.