Paypal Sent Me To Collections Even Though I Won The Case That Put Me In The Negative. Please Help!

Dekoy08
Contributor
Contributor

Early October I sold a phone through Swappa, mid October the buyer opened a case stating I sent him a broken phone. I called Paypal and they told me to not do anything till I got an email. Nov 10th came and they ended up closing the case in the buyers favor because I had not responded to an email that I never got. I was deducted $375 from my account which put me in the negative. I called Paypal that same day and they re-opened the case which I then submitted my evidence for. On Nov. 27th, the case was found in my favor - I got an email stating this as well as a message through Paypal Message Center. I called that same day about my negative balance and was told that it would be fixed by Friday, Nov 30th. I checked on Sunday and it was still negative so I called Sunday Dec. 2nd and was told that they would be escalating the matter and it should be fixed by today, Dec. 5th. I still have a negative balance and when I called in this time, I was automatically forwarded to a collections agency. I spoke with a rep over chat and was told that they could not do anything. I called again and was able to get a hold of a representative after not providing any information to the automated system. They then transferred me to a Supervisor of Disputes and she told me that another team had to "ok" the judgement of me winning. I do not know what to do now, everyone I speak to keeps telling me they are either going to submit a ticket or escalate one and to give them 48-72 hours. Even though I won the case and got the email and message, I have to say that I do not feel like I did. I tried reaching out to their Paypal support team and no response yet. Please help me, anyone.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dekoy08

Gotta keep sweating them. Good luck. Unfortunately, no one here has access to your account and can only answer general questions.

Contact customer service: Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dekoy08
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone I speak to seems to not care. I do not know what is going on with this company but I have never been treated this poorly in my life and I used to use Paypal daily. I am hoping someone can provide me a direct number to someone who will 100% help me cause I am getting no where calling on my own even with supervisors.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dekoy08 wrote:

Everyone I speak to seems to not care. I do not know what is going on with this company but I have never been treated this poorly in my life and I used to use Paypal daily. I am hoping someone can provide me a direct number to someone who will 100% help me cause I am getting no where calling on my own even with supervisors.

I know, they dropped the ball in this case. Perhaps try bbb.org and put a complaint through there to PayPal Office of Executive Escalations. And PayPal forums don't allow phone numbers in the posts. It'll be removed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.