Paypal Open Case

rivenz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Guys, my position here is as a seller, my buyer already send me money through paypal , but 20 minutes after that there was notification from paypal about unauthorized transaction open case from this payment which i need to provide tracking or refund the monet ,then i asked my buyer and she said she never make such an open case. any advice about this problem, or if theres something wrong about the system? Thank You, best regards

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Same situation here. Now Paypal is telling me I owe for the transaction & charging me a chargeback fee after I sent proof that the buyer received her order & was highly satisfied. Buyer also sent me a message stating that she didn't dispute the transaction or open a case. Something shady is definetly going on. Why is Paypal charging me then?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, there! 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Community Forum!

@rivenz - If a payment has been placed on hold due to the risk of an unauthorised transaction but the buyer has authorised the payment, the buyer can log in to the PayPal account and close the case. In general, our security system can place any transactions on hold if it detects a high risk. Otherwise, you can refund the payment and ask the buyer to send another payment. 

@My2sunshines081 - If a buyer has filed a chargeback, it would mean that the case was filed with their financial institution and not with PayPal. When this happens, we do not have ownership of the case as it is entirely decided by the buyer's bank. If the buyer did not dispute the transaction, her bank could have done that on her behalf. Only her bank can close the case! We do offer Seller Protection policy and you can check this link for the eligibility. If you were charged a fee, though, this would mean that the payment is not covered and you should have received an email explaining why. 

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Paypal is telling me I owe for the transaction & charging me a chargeback fee after I sent proof that the buyer received her order & was highly satisfied. Buyer also sent me a message stating that she didn't dispute the transaction or open a case. Something shady is definetly going on. Why is Paypal charging me then?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.