Paypal Dispute/Buyer Paid Into Wrong Email

D_Bruce1988
New Community Member
This is over a small amount of money originally £13 but its the principle. Basically, I sold a guy 9 CDs plus shipping for £13(which was a great deal) and when I sent him my paypal email address he paid into the wrong email. I told him that I hadn't recieved the money and showed him evidence of this, so he eventually paid me the £13 into the correct email and I posted his CDs. Then after telling me he recieved them I get an email saying that he is claiming £13 because he never recieved the package. I've showed him and explained to him over and over that he's paid into wrong email and he's not understanding or is playing dumb. I've gave him chances to sort this and tell his bank and paypal but he is continuing to chase me for this £13 that he never paid me. Now I'm £27 negative in paypal because they charge me another £14 for the dispute so ultimately he gets his CDs for nothing. I have a chat log on facebook messenger to prove that he has recieved CDs and hes already said thats not the problem and that its because hes paid "two times" even though one of them was to a random person with a similar email. Please help as I'm almost -£28 on paypal and unjustly.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @D_Bruce1988,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble regarding your buyer, that definitely sounds frustrating. 😞 If you have a tracking number to show the CD's were shipped and sent to the correct address, you should be covered against a dispute. This would prove you sent the item and they received what they paid for. Hopefully the case is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.