Payment recieved

Jimbob15
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I received a payment earlier and want to check how can I tell if the payment received was sent as a gift or good/services, it does not show any shipping address. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimbob15

If you were charged a fee then it was sent goods / services, click on the transaction and more info on that details page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jimbob15
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, I clicked on transaction details I wasn't charged a fee and no address details showing up.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

some members do not have shipping address entered in their paypal account as they buy virtual.digital good and services which require no shipping.

what are you selling?

There is a case earlier this year of a dealer who sold a 45k watch,the address is blank but in the footnote,the buyer gives the shipping address.

so the dealer called Paypal rep and rep said it is ok to use that addres and get seller protection.

what do you know,the buyer filed item not received and win,as tracking must show it has been delivered to buyer shipping address which is blank,so there is no match,she lost a 45K watch. 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

so your sender sent as friend and family,thats consider a cash gift to you,he cannot file dispute with Paypal,he may still be able to file with his cc issuer if he uses a credit card.

are you selling a physicl item? 

Login to Me Too

Jimbob15
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks well its tickets for a ticketless concert so meeting the buyer its not showing up that I was charged any fee's so just wanted to check if it was sent as a gift or goods/services.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimbob15

If its an eticket then you will have no seller protection if they file a chargeback via their card issuer if it was a friends / family payment.

If you are 'meeting the buyer' then cash on collection is always the best way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.