Payment on hold

Tmitch112
New Community Member
Recently someone bought something off me and sent me the money. It states that it’s an on hold payment: You have to provide your buyer with a valid tracking number. The buyer must then provide the tracking number with the on hold payment in order for the funds to reach your account. The funds are made available once the tracking status changes to delivered. The finalization of the transaction will come once the tracking status has changed to delivered. Your buyer may not cancel the payment in order to protect you from any scams or any fraudulent activity. If you have anymore questions please feel free to reply to this payment email or call Customer Service a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Is this a legit paypal email or am I being scammed ???
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Tmitch112,

Thank you for your post! Is the messaging that you're seeing in the PayPal transaction details, or is it in an email that you received? If it's an email, it has the possibility of being a fake.

While held payments do require tracking to be provided to release the funds early, you would put the tracking in the transaction details in your PayPal account. If you are asked to provide the tracking by emailing the buyer, I would be suspicious of the email.

If you do not see a transaction in your PayPal account, then no payment has been received and the email is a fake.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.