Payment not received

Arzo
Contributor
Contributor
I sold my laptop and the person has received the laptop and PayPal asked me to send the person another $400. And I did but still haven’t received the money. And it now asked me to send the person another $500. I just want my money. Can someone help please
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arzo 

Only the post office / mail system you used can get the item back for you but its unlikely.

And if you sent the money via western union then no there is no way western union can get it back for you.

Paypal has nothing to do with any of this unfortunately as the emails you received were NOT from paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arzo 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other 'reasons' that you must send them a payment and will continue for as long as you are gullible enough to keep sending money for 0 reason.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to ''send'' money as a seller unless you are issueing a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Arzo
Contributor
Contributor
How can I get refund?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arzo 

You were scammed so you can't get a refund can you?

I expect you sent the item internationally to somewhere in Africa or similar maybe.

Either way this was not a paypal transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Arzo
Contributor
Contributor
Is there anyway that I can get the laptop and the money back??
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arzo 

Talk to the shipping agent you used to send the item and see if they can retrieve it but as for the funds you sent i doubt you can get that back dependent on how you sent the money and how you funded the payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Arzo
Contributor
Contributor
I send the laptop through post office and the money through WesternUnion. If there’s anyway that I can get the Laptop and the money back please?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arzo 

Only the post office / mail system you used can get the item back for you but its unlikely.

And if you sent the money via western union then no there is no way western union can get it back for you.

Paypal has nothing to do with any of this unfortunately as the emails you received were NOT from paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Nickynick1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone look for the past couple days I have not been able to get in touch with anyone I PayPal does anybody have any email addresses or other contact numbers by any chance because I don't wait for refund to hit my account that is supposed to hit my account 2 days ago seriously a **bleep**-off person right now
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.