Payment Pending

Arthy222
New Community Member

OK so... i have sold an item and the buyer supposedly sent the money to my account, i have received a pay pal email in my spam however on my pay pal account i don't have anything showing in my activity that the money sent to me is pending. i know the buyer will have a payment pending status in their activity but will the seller?

Im asking to make sure this isn't a phishing email or well.. a scam.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arthy222 

SORRY SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM............

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arthy222 

SORRY SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM............

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Talbot007
New Community Member
I'm in the other side, I purchased an item online, paid with PayPal using my Credit Card. On my side PayPal says the merchant has to process the payment so the funds can go to his account. However, the merchant told me his/her PayPal says Pending payment, do not ship the item yet. The money is already put on hold on my Credit card, authorized waiting for the merchant to process purchase and Now I'm on limbo. Merchant thinking I'm a scammer, PayPal not responding and I have that money on hold, not able to buy the item since I don't know how PayPal will proceed.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Talbot007 

Did you pay as a guest buyer or did you log on to your paypal account to pay?

If you logged on what exactly does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account ie Payment / Sent or completed OR pending OR pending/unclaimed OR pending awaiting authorisation?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.