PayPal took my money!!

Luluballooo
New Community Member
So... someone purchased a coat from me on EBay, I sent it, they then changed their mind, my account doesn’t accept returns and this is clearly stated. There was nothing wrong with the coat it had tags on and was brand new. I explained to the buyer that I don’t accept returns and they could easily resell it themselves on EBay. Didn’t hear anything back until 6 weeks later when PayPal withhold £44.19 on my account as the buyer has made a complaint to their credit card company. We are now on week 3 of the dispute and PayPal have taken a £12 fee for god knows what & taken the money. How can this be allowed? The buyer never returned the coat so they STILL have the coat & I have no money for it. How is PayPal allowed to do that?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Luluballooo 

If the buyer made a chargeback then it was not a Paypal dispute.

The buyer went directly to their credit card issuer as they must have funded their paypal payment that way.

So the card issuer makes all the decisions and all paypal can do is pass on any information on your behalf.

If the card issuer finds in favour of their buyer then you get charged the £12 processing fee of the credit card as well as the refund.

Credit cards do not ask buyers to return items first unfortunately. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Luluballooo 

If the buyer made a chargeback then it was not a Paypal dispute.

The buyer went directly to their credit card issuer as they must have funded their paypal payment that way.

So the card issuer makes all the decisions and all paypal can do is pass on any information on your behalf.

If the card issuer finds in favour of their buyer then you get charged the £12 processing fee of the credit card as well as the refund.

Credit cards do not ask buyers to return items first unfortunately. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rasheda_oneme
New Community Member

I need any advise on how to resolve the same matter. Paypal also took my money. A purchase was made to Walmart for a tablet. For some reason or another, Walmart flagged the transaction and report it to payal who then put a hold on my account and also transferred all the funds from my account to theirs. I dont know why this happened, paypal says Walmart has reported the transaction as suspicious. Shouldn't they do an investigation before locking me out of my account and also transferring the funds to them. I need some advise on how to get this matte resolved because the amount they took is $1900. This is the second time in less than a year. Last year they took $800 now $1900. How can I get back my money from Paypal because even if they suspect fraud are they suppose to transfer the money to themselves?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.