PayPal taking buyers Side in dispute

Liese
New Community Member

Hi has anyone had problems with a buyer receiving an item and now claiming she didn't authorise it, even though I have kept screenshots of her informing me she was so pleased and PayPal going in her favour and charging an extra £14 on top???? I tried to ring but can't get through to a human????

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Liese

If you had the extra £14 charge then it was not a Paypal dispute.

The buyer would have done a chargeback directly via her credit card issuer as she funded her Paypal payment that way.

In that situation the credit card company makes all the decisions and not Paypal, so phoning Paypal won't really make any difference.

If the card company finds in favour of their client then you are forced to refund AND pay the credit card companies processing fee of £14.  Smiley Sad

HOWEVER normally Paypal would reimburse you if you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so if you have not been reimbursed then go and read up on seller protection to see where you may have missed out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Liese

If you had the extra £14 charge then it was not a Paypal dispute.

The buyer would have done a chargeback directly via her credit card issuer as she funded her Paypal payment that way.

In that situation the credit card company makes all the decisions and not Paypal, so phoning Paypal won't really make any difference.

If the card company finds in favour of their client then you are forced to refund AND pay the credit card companies processing fee of £14.  Smiley Sad

HOWEVER normally Paypal would reimburse you if you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so if you have not been reimbursed then go and read up on seller protection to see where you may have missed out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.