PayPal ruled in scam buyers favour despite evidence I had😡

Teasdale6497
Contributor
Contributor
Can anyone understand what on Earth is going on here? I sold an item in January the buyer left me positive feedback then a month later opened an unauthorised transaction against me.I provided PayPal with proof of shipping and also a screenshot of the buyers positive feedback that she left on my account.After taking ages I found out yesterday that PayPal has ruled in the buyers favour so I’ve not only lost my item but also lost my money too.To top it off the buyer has done the same thing to someone else as they’ve left negative feedback on her account warning others not to sell to her.According to PayPal when I’ve rang them they said it was the decision of the bank of the buyer and they were also out of pocket too.Ive contacted financial Ombudsman Service & been advices to complain formally to PayPal as they would have had to agree to the case being ruled in the buyers favour for my money to be refunded to the scammer.The shipping was sent in 2nd class postage but they did leave positive feedback indicating that they have received the item.Furious😡😡😡😡
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teasdale6497 

To get the coverage of seller protection you have to meet paypals criteria for that protection.

One of those criteria is to provide trackable proof of delivery of the item to the buyers paypal registered address at the time of the purchase.

You sadly didn't so you lost all your seller protection.

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.

So apart from the fact that feedback is to do with Ebay and not Paypal + it can be left by mistake for the wrong seller + it could have been left by the hacker it is meaningless.

If Paypal check IP addresses / devices and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.
But you would have been reimbursed as well if you met all the requirements of seller protection............sadly you negated your own protection by sending 2nd class.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.