PayPal returned my money to the buyer

Harveypci
Contributor
Contributor
Couple days ago I sold a pair of shoes on Grailed, an app for selling used items. However PayPal somehow gave the money back to the buyer after the item is delivered. Any ideas of how this happened?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Harveypci

You have been scammed, paypal NEVER tell you to send an item BEFORE the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.

Even if they were pending they would still show in that balance but in the pending section.

Also paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection but its your choice.

I think you recieved fake / spoof paypal emails.

No activity or payment on your paypal account = scam.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Harveypci

Were the funds ever showing in your paypal account balance?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Harveypci
Contributor
Contributor

no, it says the money was held by paypal because the shoes weren't shipped yet. I can see that he sent me the money but it wasn't on my account yet

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Harveypci

You have been scammed, paypal NEVER tell you to send an item BEFORE the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.

Even if they were pending they would still show in that balance but in the pending section.

Also paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection but its your choice.

I think you recieved fake / spoof paypal emails.

No activity or payment on your paypal account = scam.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mdarrn
Contributor
Contributor

Always check the email address, there alot of filthy scammers. I received a fake email from paypal but it wasn’t from Paypal after seeing the email, the email was <removed>

AGAIN PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK EMAIL ADDRESS !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.