PayPal is a scandal of a scheme.

Danjw
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is a scandal that only protects the buyers and has ZERO protection for sellers. I sold an item on eBay and eBay favoured me after 10 minutes which says it all. The buyer says they received the motherboard with 2 bent CPU pins but without my consent or being a professional repairer they attempted the repair these pins themselvesin which they broke the mobo and it is unusable. Not only did they break the 2 pins they tried fixing but on return on getting the mobo they have broke another pin making it 3 pins broke. Yet with all the evidence I put forward and all the buyer stated with zero evidence on the case was "item not as described" and PayPal sided with the buyer.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danjw 

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute its always one persons word against anothers.

Paypal does not see what you send / what the buyer receives or / what the buyer returns to you so paypal make a judgement call.

If they find for the buyer then the buyer has to send the item back to you (trackable and at their own expense) before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Danjw
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I've got screenshots of the buyer stating they have tried to fix the 2 pins themselves and photos of more pins arriving back broken. It doesn't matter whether they see it or not. PayPal's terms and conditions state that the buyer should send the item back undamaged. They attempted a repair and broke it even more than the recieved it when they're not qualified to do so nor did they have my consent.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danjw 

Actually they state that the buyer should return it as they received it.

If there were pins broken on receipt and they tried to repair it and damaged 'more'  doesn't detract from the fact it was damaged on receipt and so deserve a refund?

Just playing devils advocate here.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Danjw
Contributor
Contributor
Well you've just said the buyer should return it as they received it. They haven't as they've broke more pins and damaged it more. If you order off Amazon and it comes broken and you say you've attempted to fix it but it still doesn't work... I highly doubt you'd get a refund. Like said, you mentioned it should be returned as they received it and they haven't. Same rules with eBay and eBay sided with me. The item I can guarantee was working before I sent it (proving it is here nor there) but I know for a fact if they sent it back without touching it then I'd have it up and running with no problems.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.