PayPal dispute case

Maheshwari_ji
Contributor
Contributor
One of my customer raised dispute and it was closed in my favour, I received email from email that all the amount will be credited back to my PayPal account. But today my customer received the disputed amount and I was charged for the amount even after the case is closed.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maheshwari_ji 

Sounds like the case was either appealed with new compelling evidence and reversed OR, the buyer filed a dispute through their financial institution. Where you charged a chargeback fee in addition to the amount disputed???

Its more difficult to win chargebacks because the financial institution decides and funds get taken out again while the chargeback is being resolved. If the chargeback is for Not As Described you won't be covered under seller protection, otherwise provide proof of delivery and PayPal may decide to cover you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Maheshwari_ji
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer did not even know that he receive the amount, when I asked him he shows me the email that PayPal sent him that he lost the case.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maheshwari_ji 

Need to contact customer service for assistance, if you can get through and have them review this matter:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (India): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalIN/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Maheshwari_ji
Contributor
Contributor
No agent is available due to Covid-19, my buyer is still asking me to do extra work for free as he got the initial amount he paid. He knew that PayPal will transfer the amount if he raise the dispute. Now I have to work extra without money because he got the money and I need it back
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.