PayPal cancels the transaction right after my sold item leaves the country

lc1210
New Community Member

I have several items on eBay that sold this week. I received confirmation from both eBay and PayPal via email and the eBay website that the buyers had paid for the items. I get told that eBay is holding the money until the buyers receive the items. I get an email yesterday from one of the buyers asking if the item had left the country yet, I told him to check the tracking number as it should have updated. This morning I link my eBay paypal email to my paypal and 2/3 of the buyers payments are pending, the other buyers email isn't even there.

I checked with eBay and it seems that this scamming SOB instructed PayPal to cancel the transaction as soon as the item left the UK today. I don't have any emails from PayPal telling me this guy cancelled the transaction, and I didn't even know you could simply cancel it, I thought there was some kind of process. I'm lucky I have the emails and correspondence from eBay otherwise PayPal would make it look like this look like it never happened.

I'm absolutely livid, how can a transaction platform let their sellers down so badly? Am I not worth your time to send an automated email telling me the guy cancelled the payment? Don't I deserve a freaking message at least to give me time to at least try and sort it out with Royal Mail? The transaction isn't even showing up on my paypal activity. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lc1210 

Sorry but if the transactions are showing as pending then how can they have been cancelled?

Can you do this first.......

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.