PayPal buyer protection is a JOKE!

jho605
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone ever had PayPal actually help them when they get **bleep** by a company?  Two times now PayPal has backed the seller when I did not receive the item I ordered!! They want me to pay return shipping to CHINA.  I will never again use PayPal for any transactions.  I would be better off using the protection that my credit card offers!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jho605 

PayPal typically resolves item not as described claims with return for a refund. Can't keep both item and money. PayPal can't refund more than what you originally paid in the dispute. That said, that could be about to change come some time in July, if the upcoming policy updates are any indication.

If you signed up for PayPal return shipping refund program you may get reimbursed if your return is eligible.

Credit card issuers are not set up to handle returns but PayPal is and that's why people may feel credit cards are better recourse.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jho605
Contributor
Contributor

I did not want to keep the item, I want the seller to send me a return shipping label since they sent me the wrong item.  Why should I have to pay shipping back for an item that is not what I ordered?  The company seems like a scam and PayPal is supposed to protect us, but they are not.

Login to Me Too

EvanSchaff
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal never will protect you. The policies are built so its easy for them to figure out things very easily with little information. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.