PayPal Will Always Go For The Customer, Evening If The Customer Is Lying?

VaciveMind
New Community Member

So recently I made my own little business to get some Christmas money, selling digital game codes on ebay. I've been doing for about almost 3 months now. This one buyer had been buying off me multiple times, over 4 different items, so I was happy I had a reoccurring customer. Throughout this week, that customer has asked for a refund on PayPal on nearly every item he has bought from me on ebay saying it was an unauthorised transaction. I had something similar happen to me 2 other times where the people asked for a refund on Paypal even though I sent them the item, but Paypal still gave my money back to them even though I gave sufficient information to prove I sent the item. So I didn't want PayPal to do a dirty on me like they did before, so I did research and apparently PayPal doesn't even look at the evidence that you've given and just instantly reverses the payment. I've basically lost over 300 dollars because of this annoying problem paypal has, I should at least get half of my money back! I'm planning to stop using PayPal as it seems they don't consider the seller as top priority when it comes to this situation. Is there anyway I could somehow get my money back, I have until Christmas day to show my proof on the dispute. Christmas money doesn't grow on trees you know!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VaciveMind

Wup, all you had to say was digital games...sorry, there is no seller protection on digital goods. You sell it at your own risk. Not sure how your sales on eBay would be affected or not by this. Will need to contact customer service.

Edit: BUT, if you do want to sell digital games:

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_AU#seller-protection

Basic Requirements:

• For eligible intangible items, unless we otherwise agree with you, you paid us the Standard Transaction Fee for accepting the original payment.

Intangible items additional requirements:

To be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection on an intangible item, you must:

• Ensure you are utilising a current version of PayPal Checkout if you are accepting payments directly via a website or mobile optimised website; or
  • Ensure you are passing session information to PayPal at checkout if you are integrated with PayPal via a third party or if you have a native app integration.

Other integration requirements may apply depending on your business model. Visit https://developer.paypal.com for more information.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.