PayPal Scammer - Bank chargeback

Wenster
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there,

Basically a few weeks ago I sold my assets to a buyer online. He reported it as Unauthorized to try and take his money back/scam me, but PayPal found out he was lying by checking his IP or something. 

However, today he makes the SAME Unauthorized claim, but with his bank - and it instantly gets approved without me having ANY say. So I lose $772 without even going through a case. It even states that once cases are closed, they can't be re-opened.

What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wenster 

Read the seller protection program policy. It explains all this.

A credit card chargeback or bank reversal is separate from PayPal dispute. And the buyer can file a case with their financial institution who in turn files one against PayPal and it's the financial institution who decides on who wins. If the card issuer/bank decides to refund the buyer, PayPal holds you liable if your transaction is not eligible for Seller Protection for bank reversal or credit card chargeback.

Seller Protection is not a guarantee, a warranty, or insurance and has it's limitations. Even if you win a PayPal dispute, you can still lose a credit card chargeback or bank reversal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.