PayPal Refund (Help me)

OmarTheRider
New Community Member
Okay so I basically sold a motorcycle part to a buyer and he sent me the money on PayPal! He took about a week to get his money together but I was nice and patient! However I got the money and it was on hold from PayPal, that was an issue because I was going to use that money to help pay for the shipping costs! Called PayPal tried to get them to remove the hold they told me he can and he tried but no luck their! His part never got shipped I’ve been trying to get his refund out and now it’s turned into a dispute! It’s okay he can have his money back and I never even got it was always on hold! Now my account says transaction is pending don’t see the money on my home screen on my app. However the dispute is asking for $115 I only got $109.64 after PayPal fees so that’s what I sent the offer to the buyer because that’s all I got technically! Now my question is I can’t have paypal take it out of my bank account because i never got the money to begin with it was always on hold! I’m okay with them taking it off hold and giving it to him, I’ve tried to call but due to the virus no ones answering! What should I do? Don’t want the money taken from my account but when I’m issuing the refund it says something like not enough in my papal account
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OmarTheRider 

"If your PayPal account balance does not have enough money in it, the entire refund will be issued from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account."

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-issue-a-refund-to-close-a-dispute-faq434

Does it give you the option of tapping your bank account of the entire amount for this refund? Yes, you won't have enough in your balance because PayPal doesn't refund the PayPal fees, you have to make up the difference, by adding money to your PayPal balance first or opt for the entire amount to be taken from your bank account and your paypal balance won't be touched, I reckon.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.