PayPal Negative charge

Runxiang
Contributor
Contributor
Hello so one of my buyers asked for a dispute so my account has been deducted that amount. So I paid the negative balance but today PayPal send me a email saying that they charge me again and now I have a negative balance. What do I do?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Runxiang 

When you have a failed transfer leading to a negative balance then paypal will automatically keep trying until that balance is resolved.

So whilst you have sent funds to resolve it, its still negative until those funds process through to paypal to clear it, so paypal keep trying and now x2 payments are processing.

When the first arrives it will clear the neg balance, then when the second arrives it will be credited to your balance and you can withdraw it back to your bank account again.

Your best bet would have been to just wait till paypal applied to the bank for your funds again, instead of doing another payment yourself.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Runxiang 

When you have a failed transfer leading to a negative balance then paypal will automatically keep trying until that balance is resolved.

So whilst you have sent funds to resolve it, its still negative until those funds process through to paypal to clear it, so paypal keep trying and now x2 payments are processing.

When the first arrives it will clear the neg balance, then when the second arrives it will be credited to your balance and you can withdraw it back to your bank account again.

Your best bet would have been to just wait till paypal applied to the bank for your funds again, instead of doing another payment yourself.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Runxiang
Contributor
Contributor
There is also a charge back fee as well. Its kinda ridiculous that he ask for 2 dispute that all add up to be 40 dollars, and the charge back fee is 20 per dispute? So I'm essentially paying 80 for everything, this is ridiculous and I'm really considering to close my PayPal account after I get this resolved.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.