PayPal Money Transfer Scam

Coreybug96
New Community Member
I have something that I put on eBay and I had a seller contact me asking if I could purchase a 400$ eBay card to send with the original item. They would pay me the original eBay item pricing along with the 400$ for card plus 80$ in inconvenience cost. I’m a new user to PayPal, so I’m kinda lost here. I got two emails from PayPal. The first saying the payment had been approved but will remain pending until the scratched picture of the eBay cards is sent to customer verification and I had to mark the eBay item as shipped on eBay. The Second email just was trying to assure that the transaction was legitimate and they could not withdraw or claim their money back. My red flags are that the mail address is not from paypal.com instead it is from mail.com, the first email just said “Hello,” instead of “Hello, Corey”, the second email had a similar issue where it just says “Dear,” instead of “Dear, Corey”, and the person has been pushy with getting everything sent out today.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.