Paid for and item Scammed

virinnia
Contributor
Contributor
ossyee.com This email is linked to a website that sells sewing machines Singer I bought for £80 with PayPal I think it's a scam no feedback from him can I ever get my money back ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@virinnia 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@virinnia 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mh0104
New Community Member
Hi, did you receive the item or find out any more info? I have done the same too and want to know how to get my money back 😕
Login to Me Too

Rachaelx182
Contributor
Contributor
I've raised a dispute with pay pal and you need to put as item not received. The seller tried to trick me by saying they'd refunded me on the resolution centre and using a fake transaction refund number. They then sent me a fake email pretending to pay pal saying my account was suspended and if I had used it would have gained my pay pal log in details so they could close the case and or steal my pay pal account. Pay pal have now refunded me
Login to Me Too

AGH7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi could you tell me how you resolved the situation in the resolution center? As it was a fake site my transaction isn't on PayPal so I can't give them a transaction number?

Login to Me Too

Rachaelx182
Contributor
Contributor
My transaction was in pay pal. Has the money come out of your bank? As if pay pal was used it should be there. You can message them by going to contact us.
Login to Me Too

AGH7
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from ossyee.com  via PayPal on 30th June but can't contact seller about delivery and I feel it is a scam. I looked on PayPal and as yet the purchase isn't registered. I would of thought it would be immediate does this mean it was a fake PayPal e-mail too?

Login to Me Too

Rachaelx182
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered a sewing machine and noticed the email for pay pal transaction is nothing to do with the company and looks Chinese. There is no info on website about delivery times and no response when I've contacted the website to query.
Login to Me Too

EMDecourcy

I also ordered and paid for a sewing machine exactly the same as yourself but don't know if there is anyway to get the payment refunded

Login to Me Too

EMDecourcy

I also ordered a sewing machine from this company or website (0ssyee.com) and likewise can get no response. I think it must be a scam but I don't know how how we can get our money back !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.