PP dispute transformers to non-authorized chargeback > cant upload required docs

HVACUSA
Contributor
Contributor

We had a customer purchase 4 AC systems from us totaling $6700.  They claimed damage upon receipt and opened a paypal dispute requesting 50% ($3377) refund for inconvenience.  We were open to a rebate, return or replacement but without knowing extent of damage or how many systems were affected, could not structure a solution and our requests for these details was ignored.  Customer escalated to a case and we responded stating will grant full refund if systems are returned as this was the best of available options .  I also wrote an email stating that were happy to send label for 2 of the 4 units and grant 50% rebate requested when we receive 2 systems back as it seemed this was within the spirit of what customer wanted however was is an option when a paypal dispute escalates as no option for partial refund for a partial return .  We learned the units were installed and working and case was closed out as customer did not want to have to return anything for the $3377 credit.  A week later, the case was re-openend under same case ID now providing reason code of non-authorized.  We logged into the resolution center however, case was in the "under review" stage already so were restricted from uploading signed POD, tracking detail and necessary documents for this new reason code of "non-authorized" so can comply with seller protection.  I contacted paypal and were sent a message on how to upload documents as if this was a new case where we can respond and upload documentation/tracking details.  I have had a few smaller transactions transform inbetween reason codes before sometimes closing in our favor then reopening multiple times only to lose the case as the final time was re-opened was under a different reason code and system doesnt allow us to comply by SPP and upload documents...Im scared its going to happen with this $6700 transaction and was hoping could get some feedback if anybody else has experienced this. 

Thanks for reading.        

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.