Outrageous no return of fees. 20 years, $10 million paypal customer looking to switch from paypal

generubin
Contributor
Contributor

No return of paypal fees when product is returned?

I am a high ticket seller.  I run $500,000 to $700,000 per year through paypal. I have been a paypal user for 20 years, over $10 million dollars worth of transactions. I am now shopping other services. Soon to say "bye-bye paypal unless Paypal makes modiciations make some modifications.

The fact that Paypal are not returning fees when there is a returned sale is outrageous. Especially for a high ticket seller. There should be a maximum return fee like $20 or so. I did a return the other day for $6000, it cost me $174. What payment platforms are the rest of you considering?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@generubin 

Try google for alternatives.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Balmodo
New Community Member

I have been robbed/cheated out of my money by online sellers posing as American Merchants and providing false depictions of clothing articles.  They entice the customer; we fall for it, we buy it through PAYPAL.  Takes 4-5 weeks to receive item.  (Seller NEVER discloses product comes from China, or that delivery/shipment takes that long).

Once item is received, customer discovers it’s “junk”. Nothing as pictured or described online!

Their return process is almost impossible to accomplish.  First, they demand a reason. Then they expect a picture/photo of product.  Then they expect customer to “wait” for further instructions.....

days and days go by.  Then they want customer to ship back to China, pay ALL SHIPPING FEES;

custom  fees; and so on.  After all this; I have by-passed the original amount I paid for the junk they sent me !   PayPal states seller stated item “was shipped and on it’s way here.”    PayPal  did nothing to help with a refund. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Balmodo 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.