Order disputes and why the seller gets scammed everytime.

Ksward87
New Community Member
I'm writing about this issue with PayPal policy. I have not once, but twice been the victim of a scam which PayPal technically endorses and when I've brought this to their attention asked for help I get no response/no help or a smart **bleep** answer like "next time you should use cash." The scam starts off by exploiting a flaw in the Pay Pal policy and that's is the Buyer Protection policy. So here's how this is an issue. So I use PayPal to collect money from friends, settling old debts, accept payments from online buyers on offer up and even some in person buyers who preferred not to carry cash to a meeting with a Stranger, so with that being said I collected a debt from a person who was out of town at the time and Dec ides to send it thru PayPal. Now when they sent the money they selected to send it and selected the payment for goods and services. Now I have no control over if they select that or payment for friends or family. All I know is that I got paid what they owed me. Little did I know was that this person who had do e this before selected goods and services because later on they can go back to that transaction a d open an dispute sayi g they never received the item for which they sent payment for. Now if you've been paying attention you know that the payment was to settle a debt so there was nothing to be sent. Since PayPal backs up their customers 100% they sent me an email saying if I don't respond with a tracking # for the item that was supposed to be sent within 10 days I lose the dispute and the money is deducted from my PayPal account. I argued that I didn't have this paperwork because I never sold anything, so there's nothing to ship. But PayPal wouldn't listen and said I need to to provide some tye of evidence to prove my case, but what evidence am I supposed to have? I argued how am I going to shed you evidence when I have no record of any sale because it never took place. They repeatedly quoted PayPal policy and never answered my question. So back to the story, now I had already transferred the payment I received to my bank and withdrew it. So what happens is that my PayPal is deducted whatever the amount the transaction was my PayPal is placed on hold and any funds received after the hold is obviously tied down and not accessible and the only way to remove the hold is to resolve the dispute by providing documentation I do not have nor exist because no item was ever bought/sold in the first place. Now I argued this with manager after manager at the help desk and their response was to next time only use cash for these types of deals.. Are you serious? That's completely unacceptable. PayPal already automatically deducted the money from my PayPal cash plus account so I paid a charge I completely disagreed with, but it was done. So to my surprise when this individual opened another dispute over the same transaction that credited/refunded them and automatically took money from my account I was shocked to say the least, but having prior experience dealing with this scam I jumped I. Front of it and contacted PayPal right away. I explained to them the issue I brought up the history and pointed out that not only did they already pull this stunt once before but the transaction they are disputing now is in fact the payment for the 1st dispute. I then tell them again when they asked for the shipping/tracking documentation that no item was ever bought and sold between me and the individual, so I have no paperwork and instead for just taking their word for it (cause that's essentially what they are doing, robbing me off the word of their customer without them ever providing any proof). I asked PayPal to note within the resolution center that I request the buyer submit some sort of proof of purchase, a receipt, online invoice, anything proving they purchased anything through me so that the ruling committee would know this 100%BS and would dismiss this claim and take some sort of action against the individual. Apparently my request was ignored the other party didn't even reply, they didn't even acknowledge my inquiry and they ruled once again in their favor and took the money out of my account and left me with a negative balance and a hold on my account. Which I am not going to pay. In fact I am going to get a lawyer and let them hash this out in court and I will gladly accept the check for 20 times the amount PayPal let said Individual steal from me not once but on two separate occasions. So to recap whenever you payback someone send the money and select goods and services and then just go back later and dispute it and you will get your money back every time. Without showing any proof.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SellerSweden
New Community Member

Pretty much exactly the same issue with PayPal. They blame card issuer / bank. Refuse to tell who the card issuer is. The buyers account with PayPal is unverified by PayPal. PayPal obviously have failed in their obligations.

Did you find a good lawyer? Anyone you can refer to? 

Feel free to contact <removed>

Login to Me Too

wendy1011

Just had a similar situation. Buyer received the item, with tracking and email proof of her thanking me. But she started a dispute and didn't close it, got refunded and has the item. I asked her to close the dispute and she claims ' she deserves the item and the refund'. I have this in writing. How can PayPal ignore this?? Any advice? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.