Odd email

Temp20201201j
New Community Member
I received this email....is it legit? Image Hello Your purchase is appreciated by our entire team. We thank you for your order. You have 24 Hours from the date of the transaction to open a dispute. For assistance Cal[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Purchase ID: 56382566892J Invoice Date: September 17 2020 Total Amount 499.98 Marchant Bitcoin Exchange Instructions to merchant You do not have any special instruction for the merchant. Description Unit Price Qty Amount Your Order at Bitcoin Exchange.(357321) 499.98 1 499.98 Payment Method: PayPal Subtotal: 499.98 Payment: 499.98 Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not recive a response. For assistance Cal[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bxbx
Contributor
Contributor

Received same identical email today, since there is no attachment and no clickable link, not sure what the scam is but I am sure it's a scam because PayPal would have sent me a notification if I had spent that money as per my settings.

Login to Me Too

Maureenbacchi
Contributor
Contributor
Got the same email. Not only off but disturbing. Means you have to track back to be sure you haven’t been charged something you didn’t authorize. Wish pay pal would respond or advise here.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.