Nigerian Scam

Lucybell_
Contributor
Contributor

Please do not sell anything to anyone in Nigeria. Lucky enough I noticed before shipping my item, it stated that her location was America. Later I found out she had sent me a fake confirmation email from Paypal and when asking for her address it was: <removed> Lagos Nigeria I googled this immediately and it is not legit. Please be careful!!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lucybell_

This scam has been ongoing for about 15 years and is all over the internet and this forum, there are genuine buyers from Nigeria however so the best way to recognise that its a SCAM is....................

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lucybell_
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. Luckily enough, I noticed this before sending anything to her. I just wanted to make other people aware too. Hopefully an end to this happens soon.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lucybell_

Glad you were not caught out, but it will never end will it  Smiley Sad

Not as long as folks are falling for the scam which they are on a daily basis from posts seen on here.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JJ1000
New Community Member

Exact same issue with same person!

Login to Me Too

Charyates123
Contributor
Contributor

I have just been through this it is my first time selling on eBay I have a Michael Kors watch in the post out to them now what do I do 

Login to Me Too

lilxcs
this scam is still very active and very real!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.