Negative balance that I refuse to pay

mcooper1314
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on ebay. When the buyer got the item he tore the box by taking the tape off (the item was a brand new item with tape still on the box, never been opened) so when he tore the tape off the box tore and he filed a claim saying the item was not as described. Of course ebay sided with the buyer because they don't protect the sellers. 

Now my paypal is negative $32 and ebay is going to charge me another $30 for the shipping fee for the buyer to return the item and another $33 for me selling the item on ebay. So almost $100. I will NOT be paying it. I absolutely refuse to pay it. I took off my credit card from my payment options on paypal and now only have an old bank account on there that is closed and no longer active so they cant withdraw the funds themselves. I created a new paypal account under my husbands name for future use but I am wondering what will happen with this case since I will not refund any money back to paypal. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mcooper1314 

Firstly your account would be permanently limited + any other addresses opened under your IP address (regardless of name).

Secondly your Ebay account would also be probably limited.

Lastly paypal would sell the debt to a collection agency to recover.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mcooper1314
Contributor
Contributor

Im not really worried about my credit and I created the second paypal account at my moms house so it has a different IP address

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.