Negative balance after PayPal decided to refund a dispute (payment reversal)

AbqariS
Contributor
Contributor

So long story short, I was selling an item cost £563.75 on Ebay. I got an email of a buyer bought my item from PayPal and then 20 mins later I also got an email about investigating a payment reversal from PayPal. So what happened is the buyer said an unauthorized payment happened and open a case after the item was bought. So yeah there are a lot to speculate about this but doesn't matter as it happened quickly and my item is safe with me. It took two weeks until the case is completed and the result was PayPal decided to refund him. Well, that's fine until I realized PayPal also took the seller's fees percentage charges of the sale which is £19.37 from my PayPal, I have no balance in there so now I'm left with negative -£19.37. Why would they take the -£19.37? Moreover, logically speaking of my situation right now, this sale isn't supposed to happen because there was an unauthorized transaction happening and yet they should take the -£19.37 off my account? So they are telling if everytime unauthorized transaction happens and refund is issued, seller's still lose the seller's fees? I emailed them about this situation and they unusually take longer to respond than my previous experience. So no response from their side as of now.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @AbqariS,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized claim. I'm glad to hear that you sent an email to customer service to get more information about the fee situation. If you have not hear back by now, please try either calling or contacting the social customer care team by DM on Twitter or PM on Facebook.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.