Need to translate address— will I still have seller protection?

sydnem
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to send an item to a person in South Korea who provided their address in Hangul (Korean Alphabet). Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, FedEx and UPS only accept addresses written in romanization (English letters). If I translate the address, will I still be protected with the Seller Protection? My concern is although it is the same address, it will appear differently than what my costumer wrote on the transaction.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

_terran
Contributor
Contributor

To be eligible for PayPal’s Seller Protection, all of the following basic requirements must be met, as well as any applicable additional requirements:

• The primary address for your PayPal account must be in the United States.
  • The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped, except for items subject to the Intangible Goods Additional Requirements. Transactions involving items that you deliver in person in connection with payment made in your physical store, may also be eligible for Seller Protection so long as the buyer paid for the transaction in person by using a PayPal goods and services QR code.
  • You must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction. If you originally ship the item to the recipient's shipping address on the transaction details page but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal's Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.
  • The shipping requirement does not apply to eligible transactions involving items that you deliver in person; provided, however, that you agree to provide us with alternative evidence of delivery or such additional documentation or information relating to the transaction that we may request.
  • You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner as requested in our email correspondence with you or in our correspondence with you through the Resolution Center. If you do not respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in the time requested, you may not be eligible for Seller Protection.
  • If the sale involves pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, you must ship within the timeframe you specified in the listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within 7 days after receipt of payment.
  • Provide proof of shipment or delivery.
  • The payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” in the case of Unauthorized Transaction claims, or “eligible” in the case of Item Not Received claims, for PayPal's Seller Protection on the Transaction Details page.

PayPal determines, in its sole discretion, whether your claim qualifies for the Seller Protection program. PayPal will make a decision, in its sole discretion, based on the coverage and eligibility requirements, any information or documentation provided during the resolution process, or any other information PayPal deems relevant and appropriate under the circumstances.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.