Need Help and Supervisor or highers email

andymart99
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short.  Sold cologne on Ebay and hand delivered to a buyer 30 minutes away. He left pos feedback on ebay saying it was hand delivered.  30 days later he files a unauthorized purchase claim with his credit card company. Paypal takes the money out of my account and says I "lost" the claim. No explanation etc. other than they are following credit card rules. 

Is there anything I can do further?  I filed a rebuttal many times and they don't read it, they just say I lost. 

Does anyone have a higher up supervisor or director that actually looks at the details of a case?  I'm probably going to take the buyer to small claims court, but paypal should protect us a little better.

thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andymart99

Paypal does give you seller protection but you have to actually read it to see what coverage there is.

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute. OR as you have found out they can file as unauthorised and again as you have no proof of delivery you would lose.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andymart99
Contributor
Contributor

The proof of delivery is the positive Ebay feedback given by the buyer saying thanks for hand delivering it.  Paypal refuses to look at that and even consider the possibility that the buyer is scamming me.  What I want to know is what the credit card company did to investigate the buyers claim that it was an unauthorized purchase. I think I am entitled to know what investigation was done and what they asked the buyer and if they even read the fact that he got the product.

How can Paypal rule against me without even reading the facts in the case?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andymart99

Ebay feedback DOES NOT count for anything either in release of held funds OR for proof of any delivery of item.

The ONLY way to win a dispute for non receipt of item OR unauthorised / chargeback dispute is TRACKABLE proof of delivery of the item to the buyer.

The c.c. company did not need to do an investigation, you did not supply a tracking number so you did not have any proof ie you lost.

Paypal did not reimburse you as you lost that seller protection by not sending trackable and hand delivering an item where they clearly state lost you that protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andymart99
Contributor
Contributor

I think the only way to resolve this is I am going to take the buyer to small claims court. Maybe I'll take paypal to small claims also and at least waste a day of their time. I still don't feel they can just reach into my account and take money out that was mine and claim the buyer "won" when it was a scam. I also don't understand why the credit card company doesn't at least have to share what the buyer "claims".  He bought it, paid for it, received it, and now says it was unauthorized????   I think paypal at least owes me an explanation. 

I understand their policy now (too late for my case), but their blatant acceptance for scammers just bothers me. They keep saying to try to reach the buyer and work it out. LOL  the buyer does not answer the phone, email or ebay communications. That's how I KNOW it's a scam. He is not trying to work it out.

I've already sent the buyer a registered letter for payment, and if he ignores, then it's off to court. 

thanks,  I love using Ebay, but I need to find something besides paypal to continue. I'm not sure what the option is now, but supposedly they were coming up with something. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.