NEED HELP WITH $0.01 TRANSACTIONS

mmaydoney

Hello, I hope someone can offer some help or insight seeing as customer service has been rather lackluster.
I randomly started receiving payments of $0.01 from accounts I've never been in contact with (yes my email is definitely out there and being **bleep** with). This started on August 31 2019, and initially I didn't think much of it because the automatic Paypal fees made each payment come to $0.00. This would happen every so often, and I would receive a handful of payments in one day and then none for some time, never consistent always random. Each of these accounts has some regular person's name attached with it and a US address, but most often the email addresses seem like they're faked or hacked. The issue arose just a few days ago when I received four dispute cases over four individual $0.01 payments sent to me. One was for the $0.01 which I refunded, another was for $2.01 (?) and the last two were for over $460 (????) I tried my hardest to understand this, but Paypal customer service just couldn't seem to truly answer my questions. I've since refunded as many $0.01 transactions that I could, but there are a number of them that DO NOT SHOW the refund option. It is now a few days later and TWO MORE CASES HAVE OPENED and these two are asking for OVER $1000 (?????????) I have NO IDEA where this ridiculous sum of money came from, when they sent me $0.01 which turned into $0.00!!!! The disputes even state "The buyer has filed a case with their financial institution for a payment of $1,029.49 USD you received on Oct 1, 2019." THAT IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE and I'm just sitting here with no answers, praying I don't lose literally all the money I have right now. Please, anybody, help if you can with any bit of info or advice on this situation. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mmaydoney 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mmaydoney

Unfortunately I've been in contact with Customer Service a handful of times over the past few days and they barely offered much help. The furthest they got me was helping me refund some of the $0.01 transactions, but a number of them still do not show the Refund option. Customer Service claims they are looking into this for me, but if nothing is resolved I simply wish to delete my account. However I cannot do that with unresolved dispute claims hanging over my account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.