Money taken from account due to buyer opening case

nkonst
New Community Member

Hello, I've sold an time on ebay, sent the item with tracking, the buyer recited, then they opened a case 2 months later that they didn't purchase the item.

Once the case was open paypal has taken my money with the case not been finalised.

So now I am without the item i sold, and am down the money it sold for.

I find it ridiculous that they have taken the money without reviewing what has happened first. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nkonst wrote:

Hello, I've sold an time on ebay, sent the item with tracking, the buyer recited, then they opened a case 2 months later that they didn't purchase the item.

Once the case was open paypal has taken my money with the case not been finalised.

I find it ridiculous that they have taken the money without reviewing what has happened first. 

That's how the dispute process works. The money is held once a dispute is opened, pending the outcome of the claim. You can issue refund with that held money within the first 20 days (dispute phase), if escalated to PayPal at any point within the 20 days, PayPal steps in and reviews case and decides who gets the money based on the circumstances of the case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nkonst wrote:

That's how the dispute process works. The money is held once a dispute is opened, pending the outcome of the claim. You can issue refund with that held money within the first 20 days (dispute phase), if escalated to PayPal at any point within the 20 days, PayPal steps in and reviews case and decides who gets the money based on the circumstances of the case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.