Money refunded no received item

Jcrich9
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an item on eBay - the buyer didn’t like it so returned it. I gave him an address to post to but he used a old address on my eBay account. As I don’t live there the postal depot won’t give me the item, they sent back to him. I sent him a new postage label to return the item - in the mean time eBay have refunded him. He hasn’t responded to me what so ever! And PayPal won’t let me open a case! What can I do??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jcrich9 

When someone opens a case on ebay then ebay supply the address for postage and the buyer did what they were told and sent it to that address.

The fact that you hadn't bothered to update your addresses is not ebay or the buyers fault.

As the buyer has been refunded then you can't force him to return the goods unfortunately.

You can try sending a postage label for him to return the goods but that may be throwing away more money.

Or just put it down to a learning curve and go update your addresses.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jcrich9 

When someone opens a case on ebay then ebay supply the address for postage and the buyer did what they were told and sent it to that address.

The fact that you hadn't bothered to update your addresses is not ebay or the buyers fault.

As the buyer has been refunded then you can't force him to return the goods unfortunately.

You can try sending a postage label for him to return the goods but that may be throwing away more money.

Or just put it down to a learning curve and go update your addresses.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ilonkaaaa34
New Community Member
Hi , I bought item by private person from Facebook and havent received item . Look like this men deleted account on FB . I sent money last Monday .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.