Money received in error

Frankers76
New Community Member
Hi I have received two payments for £29 and £10 from someone who has bought something from me previously They have been sent in error though and I haven’t requested the money or had any contact with the person sending the money they’ve just sent in error The lady who has sent it has opened a dispute and said it was unauthorised so I responded to the questions PayPal asks and they said to provide a refund Which of course I did as I’m not owed the money However I’ve been charged the fees I know it’s only 88p and 44p or something but it’s not the point I didn’t ask for her to send me the money and now I’ve sent it back I’m being charged to do so?? How do I stop this happening again and how do I reclaim my fees?? She’s saying someone has accessed her account but I don’t get why theydsend me money... no one owes me anything I just don’t want it to happen again and I’d like me fees back Thanks for any help I’ve emialed PayPal but I’m worried as I responded to the dispute thing and sent the money back there’s nothing I can do. Feel a bit of a mug!!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frankers76 

If you used the 'refund' option then the % part of the fee is refunded at the same time you click to send a full refund but paypal keep the small fixed part of the fee as a processing fee.

You could ask the sender who made the mistake to send you the amount you were charged via the friends / family option to reimburse you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.