Money pool safe

MikeyAxius
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, so in short my question is if money from Paypal pools can be chargedback/disputed?

I´m asking this because a clan is trying to get funds for a range of servers but in the past through regular friends and family/bussines payment people ended up disputing the transactions, making me lose money once the server period ended and Paypal´s poor policy got my account in debt.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MikeyAxius,

Thank you for your post! I'm happy to provide some clarification. Any received payment has some risk of being disputed or charged back.

Payments sent as Friends and Family payments cannot be disputed via PayPal for reasons that only Goods and Services payments could be disputed for (such as Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described), but if a person's funds are sent without their authorization or there is a duplicate payment, those would be reasons for a dispute. Additionally, If a person disputes the payment outside of PayPal with their credit card issuer, that issuing bank may dispute the payment for any reason they deem necessary.

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.