Money not paid

LisaCJones65
New Community Member

I invoiced someone for payment of an item I was selling. The invoice showed up in my paypal account as pending. I sent the goods as instructed (overnight via FedEx) and have the receipt. I received an email from Paypal after I invoiced the amount. It said the funds had been deducted from the buyers account and would be held until I sent confirmation of sending the item. i.e. - tracking number. I did as instructed and the money still says pending however, the buyer has received the goods. When I spoke with a paypal representative she told me she could see the invoice and how much it was but they never received payment from the buyer. Which is contradictory from what the email I received says. Then she tells me they never sent me the email. She said I am protected under some plan and transferred me to another number. I waited for an hour and a half on hold before hanging up and calling back. I am now waiting for another call back. I am at a loss as to what to do with this. My merchandise is gone, has been received and I have not been paid.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LisaCJones65 

SADLY YOU HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A COMMON PAYPAL SCAM.

The agent that told you that you had seller protection was talking rubbish as none of the transaction would have been done using paypals site apart from you sending the invoice.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.

They get you to send a money request or invoice so that they have your details to send fake paypal emails but they NEVER pay as they don't have paypal accounts.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.