Money Taken out of mu account

Sun-ray
New Community Member

I had a buyer from ebay make a false claim about an item I sold to him on ebay. He tried to get me to give him a partial refund, I did not. He then filed a complaint with ebay and paypal reversed the payment from my account. After a week and a half the guy never sent the item back and the money was replaced back into my account by paypal. A weeks later, paypal reverse the payment again from my account because the guy filed a claim with his credit card company. After 2 months of waiting paypal said they cannot cover my loss. What can I do? I never got my item back.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Sun-ray,

I'm sorry to hear about the dispute and the chargeback. It sounds like what happened is that PayPal held the funds for the dispute, and when the chargeback was filed the held funds were reversed entirely. If that is not what happened and the funds were indeed taken twice, please contact customer service so a representative can look into the matter and return one of the reversals.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

In a chargeback, it is possible that the item will not be returned. A credit company can sometimes choose to return the money to the buyer without the return of the item under some circumstances.

I'm sorry for the loss you experienced.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.