Money Refunded to Buyer after claim made for a car sold 5 months ago???

Haque
New Community Member

Hi guys

I sold a car on ebay back in January and the member paid a non refundable £200.00 deposit via paypal and remainder balance through the bank on collection and then the member even left me some positive feedback  a few days later happy with his purchase and I also provided a receipt for both of us with total amount paid and sold as seen with no warranty just as a record for both of us. Then recently a few weeks ago he decided to raise a item not received claim through paypal, I went through the resolution centre and filled in a explanation that this is a false claim and can show proof of my bank account to show the remainder balance paid at my bank and also member left positive feedback on my ebay account 5 months ago. I explained I couldnt leave a tracking number as it wasnt a parcel but a car that was collected, sent the form through and within less than a minute paypal responded and favoured the buyer. There is no chance paypal couldve read everything I wrote and responed within a minute. I then called paypal to explain everything on the phone thinking they would investigate further and advised them I had proof of collection and couldnt provide tracking number as there isnt one as the car was collected in person, they advised me to appeal, which I did but they still favoured the buyer. No common sense from the person who favoured the buyer as its clear car was collected as I had had proof and if the person who refunded the buyer shouldve thought why would the buyer make a claim 5 months later and not even raise a claim for item not received via ebay. Not happy at all, im sure the buyers happy with an extra £200.00 in his account 😞

I really dont know what to do now as paypal have been no help, can anyone advise whats the next best of action as I dont want to be out of pocket for £200.00???

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.