Missing parcel but tracking shows delivered - Seller question

annabel411
New Community Member
  • I have an issue with a missing delivery.

Sold something on a Thursday, posted on Friday and Royal Mail tracking shows delivered on the Monday. Buyer is claiming not received, not with a neighbour and not left in a safe place. They have now sent me a refund request rather than opening a case which only gives me the option to update tracking, refund them or contact them. 

I uploaded tracking at the point I marked as dispatched and it states "delivery recorded" in the item history. 

I've also already been in contact with the buyer, provided pictures of the tracking receipt etc and confirmed I have spoken to Royal Mail who have advised they will raise an investigation but I'm not sure if anything will come of that. 

I'm reluctant to refund as I don't want to lose out when I have posted to the correct address (confirmed by the buyer) and have tracking to prove it, but I don't want to risk getting negative feedback when I've done everything correctly. 

Any ideas?!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if tracking shows it has been delivered to him,then you get seller protection,if $750 or more,signature is required/

if he files chargeback with his cc issuer,Paypal would have to pay instead of you.

is this an Ebay transaction,?if he leaves negative feedback,you can ask Ebay to remove it

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if tracking shows it has been delivered to him,then you get seller protection,if $750 or more,signature is required/

if he files chargeback with his cc issuer,Paypal would have to pay instead of you.

is this an Ebay transaction,?if he leaves negative feedback,you can ask Ebay to remove it

Login to Me Too

Darnell67
New Community Member
Where's my package I pay for it I have not received it I paid all info on August 6th 2020 so when should I receive my package
Login to Me Too

Genny01
Contributor
Contributor

I just had this happen. The tracking shows it was left on her front porch and she told me it was stolen off her porch. She never should have contacted PP asking for a refund of $50. She should have made a claim at USPS because I sent it Priority Mail with $50 ins. She lied to PayPal and said she never received  it even tho it was delivered. She also acted like she didn't have the tracking number which I gave her and she tracked the package before she even contacted me. She told me it was delivered so then I tracked it, and sure enough it was put on her porch. That should be against the law to lie about something like that. I hope PP don't give her back that $50 because I spent it on Christmas. I am a senior and that will hurt me bad. I could copy and paste our conversation in messages on FB but I don't know where to send it..

Login to Me Too

Temp20210911L
New Community Member

Yeah. PayPal is no help.  I specifically asked the seller to have the driver call me when delivering my package but they didn't.  The instructions also state that the driver MUST GET A SIGNATURE OF THE RECIPIENT, which was not done either.  Now I spent $262 USD for two items I never received and PayPal won't issue a refund because the delivery driver didn't do what was asked.  Basically what this does is permit fraud because the seller could have sold me a box of phone books but as long as the tracking shows that the item was delivered to my address, it's out of PayPal's hands. This is the last time I'm ever going to buy crap from overseas.

Login to Me Too

berniebuilder99
New Community Member

Sent parcel 2nd class signed for.After 18 days hadn't arrived so buyer requests a refund which i process. Three days later the package shows as delivered and signed for,i contact customer who denies having received the item .I contact ebay and paypal but neither is interested un helping me.So much for seller protection.

Login to Me Too

CarolJZ
Contributor
Contributor

I just went through the same with the company I purchased from showing that the package was delivered. I'm a senior citizen who is always home and I've been checking my mail and porch every day. I contacted the company I ordered from, who stated they are in the US, but are actually in China, so that's lie #1. Each time in February and March that I contacted them they stated they are shipping it, have shipped it, will check to see if it shipped. Lie #2. They could not give me a tracking number so I could see eta of delivery. I went back and forth with them for 2 months on this and finally reported it to PayPal. Suddenly they came up with a tracking # stating it was delivered Feb. 26. I never received it, no notification it was delivered, and PayPal refused my refund. I'm now out $40 and that's a lot with being on unemployment due to Covid-19 and not being able to collect social security yet, as I'm a few months away from being able to collect full benefits. Guess my next step is to go to my credit card company and dispute it there.

Login to Me Too

Yackeen
I sent n parcel the the guy blocked me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.