Making return to vendor after payment mandatory

optimax
Contributor
Contributor

To often are buyers skipping to register their products because they over look to click "return to vendor". The result is either a request for help to get the product registered or in too many cases a claim of non-delivery of goods and a demand of a refund which PayPal more  often than desirable grants when it's actually an easy solution for them to let us set "return to vendor" as mandatory and not just an option a buyer can ignore when it makes the product unusable in that case.

How does one go about to bring this problem solution up to a higher level of attention in the product enhancement group of PayPal? This should have been addressed and resolved long time ago, if you ask me! 

A related issue is the claims processing of digital & downloadable products & services having questions in them which make no sense at all when processing claims on digital products … why have these things not been addressed at all? They such an irritation & reflect a low level of quality enhancement activity!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5

optimax
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

set up auto return url: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-use-paypal%27s-auto-return-feature-to-redirect-...

After reading it, I can't understand why they want ONE URL for ALL return-to-vendor auto return functions when each product may have a different set of registration requirements?

Tells you again they are not thinking about the user but their own one dimensional ideas of marketing online - geee with!  

So  unfortunately - it was no solution for what I wanted!

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

when you said vendor,is that the manufacturer say Dell,Apple ?

if so,are you a licensed dealer?

Login to Me Too

optimax
Contributor
Contributor

@nevadasmith wrote:

when you said vendor, is that the manufacturer say Dell, Apple ?  if so, are you a licensed dealer?

How does your quested relate to the issue?

We am the creator & vendor of the digital product which has to be registered to be fully functional - you get the idea now? 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

well,if you have elaborated on 'vendor',it makes us volunteers understand your situation better.

We are not Harry Houdini.

you may want to consult with your IT staff to tweak the software or come up with your own interface,some of them are better than Houdini.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.